Lady B Fitness is predominantly a members only club. All memberships must be applied for in advance. All memberships will have an agreed term that will be defined by the membership option chosen on joining.
Use of the Facilities
Before using any equipment you must fill in and sign a PAR-Q and have a supervised induction session. We can refuse access if we deem your health may be adversely affected by use of our facilities. In these circumstances a Doctor's approval letter may be required in order to grant you membership. We advise you to speak to a member of the team regarding any kind of medical condition that may affect your exercise. As a private club we may refuse a membership application without reason.
Payment and charges
- Your membership will run for a period of 12 consecutive calendar months. After this period it will expire unless you pay for a new membership.
- The total payment is due on the day of joining, constituting in you becoming a member. This amount is not refundable under any circumstances including non attendance.
- If there are any changes in the details you provided us you must inform us immediately.
- Your payment gives you use of the facilities of a Lady B Fitness in accordance with your membership option for a period of 1 year from the date of your induction. To continue after this date you must renew your membership.
- A pro rata first payment must be made on the day of your induction or before. This amount is non refundable in any circumstances.
- A joining fee may also be charged if you are new to the club. This fee is non refundable and will cover induction fees, administration costs and use of the club until your first direct debit is collected.
- Subsequent payments will be made via Direct Debit on the 1st of each month for the remainder of your minimum term.
- We may review the subscriptions and fees periodically and we will give you 30 days notice of any changes to these amounts.
- After completing the minimum term, we will continue to collect the Direct Debit payment on the agreed day each month. This payment will extend your membership for the following month. Each payment is non refundable under any circumstances.
- Memberships cannot be cancelled during the minimum term and only after that can 1 month notice in writing be given, under the terms of the membership option chosen when joining.
Period of Commitment
- You are agreeing to subscribe for the services provided by Lady B Fitness and to remain as a subscriber for the minimum term as stated on your contract.
- Once the minimum term is completed we will continue to collect payments via Direct Debit unless instructed otherwise
- The Club will set the levels of fees and will review such fees from time to time and reserves the right to change the level of fees periodically. We do guarantee that fees will not increase within your commitment period. Any changes to monthly fees will be given 30 days written notice.
- If your bank fails to make a due direct debit payment from your account we will inform you of this. We may apply to your bank for payment by direct debit twice in one calendar month and we reserve the right to refer any missed payments to a debt collection agency.
- Should any fees not be paid within 30 days of the due date, the full membership fee for the remainder of the commitment period will automatically become due and payable in full.
- Any unpaid and overdue membership fees referred to a debt collection agency will be subject to surcharges to cover the collection costs. This surcharge, together with all other charges and legal fees incurred in the collection of the overdue membership fees, will be the responsibility of the member and will be legally recoverable fro the member.
- We may charge a reasonable fee of up to £35 for the following: replacing lost membership cards, upgrading or changing membership option and transferring membership.
Rewards Point Scheme
- Points can be collected in the club and converted into money to redeem off memberships, services or products.
- A maximum of £30 can be used to renew a membership.
- Reward points can not be used in conjunction with any other membership offer.
- Points must be collected within the calendar month of them being awarded.
Suspension of Membership
- A member may freeze her membership if she is unable to use the club for a continuous period of 1 to 3 months. A doctor's certificate must be provided.
- Any suspension during the minimum term will extend the length of the commitment period.
- A fee may be paid in order to suspend memberships for a non-medical reason. Please check with the Club for the current rate.
The club can terminate membership for the following reasons:
- if you commit a serious or repeated breach of the membership agreement or the Club rules
- if any part of your membership fees remain unpaid for 30 days or more
- if you provide us with false details or a false declaration which would have reasonably affected our decision to grant you membership.
If we terminate for any of these reasons, we reserve the right to retain a proportion of the money paid under this agreement to cover any costs incurred.
Termination by you
You may terminate the agreement in the following circumstances:
- You can give notice to terminate at any point during the commitment period but this cannot end your membership before the end of the commitment period.
- You may terminate your membership by giving the Club at least 1 month's notice.
- Cancelling your direct debit is not sufficient.
- You may terminate with 1 month's written notice if you are unable to use the Club through illness or injury for a period of 6 months or longer. A Doctor's certificate will be needed as proof.
- You may terminate if we permanently reduce the facilities or opening hours, change location of the club or close for a period of more than 30 days to refurbish.
Notices from you to the Club must be in writing. The Club reserves the right to request proof of postage or delivery where it has no record of receipt or the date of notice appears inconsistent with the date of receipt. In these cases notice will not be given unless such evidence is provided. Notices from the club will be posted to you at your address in the membership records or sent via the email address provided.
Restriction of Liability
- The club will not accept any responsibility for any loss, damage to or theft of money, valuables or other personal property of members or guests. Property stored in lockers provided by the Club is stored at the owner's risk and no liability for loss or damage thereto will be accepted by the Club.
- Our liability to compensate you for any loss or damage (in the case of loss or damage other than death or personal injury) is limited to a reasonable amount having regard to such factors as whether the damage was due to a a negligent act or omission by us.
- The club accepts liability for damage, accident, death, personal injury or other loss sustained by members or guests on the Club premises to the extent caused by it's negligence or the negligence of employees and agents (during the course of their employment and agency, as appropriate) unless that failure is attributable to a) your own fault; b) a third party unconnected with our provision of services under the agreement or c) events which neither our supplier could have foreseen or forestalled even if we had taken all reasonable care.
Health & Safety
- Members must read all Health & Safety notices displayed in the club and comply with their recommendations.
- All members are offered an induction of equipment. Should you refuse to be shown how to use the equipment correctly and safely, you will be asked to sign a waiver taking responsibility for any injury sustained and for the repair costs of any piece of equipment damaged.
Sale of the Club
In the event of the sale or disposal of the Club to another company or to any other person we may transfer your membership to the new owner and you will continue as a member of the club and continue to pay your membership fees provided no change to these terms or the Club rules having a material adverse effect on your use of the club are made by the new owner. Any such disposal will not affect your contractual or statutory rights.